Saturday, March 29, 2014

Log Horizon Review!


Any Sword Art Online fans out there? Well this is probably the anime for you, and as always I am here to tell you all about this epic MMORPG anime tale! For this review I will go over a summary of the series, my personal opinion, news, comparison to SAO, and a link to where to watch the series. Now, let us jump on in to the review!

I have heard that this was a good anime, but I never actually watched it whats it about?
If you havent seen it yet you must it is a series that will sneak up behind you grab hold and never let go! Anyway, Log Horizon  is a Japanese novel series written by Mamare Touno. The series follows the strategist, Shiroe, and the other players of the long-lived MMORPG Elder Tale after they find themselves whisked away into the game world following a game update. The novel has received four manga adaptations, with one based on the main story and the other three revolving around characters in the series. An anime adaptation aired on NHK Educational TV between October 5, 2013 and March 22, 2014.



How could this possibly compare to SAO?!

Deviant Art Miizu-Kun
Well there have been many comparisons made for this series that include the obvious one that both involve people trapped inside of a virtual game after the game received an update. One other comparison fans of SAO make is that the main character for LH is not as awesome as Kirito the main protagonist of SAO, and on that I would tell those people that this series main character is in my perspective better than Kirito because he actually takes the initiative to communicate with many of the games strongest players and make rules for everyone while they are still trapped in the world of elder tale while all kirito was focused on was trying to get his self out. Now, what is drastically different when comparing the series is that in SAO if you died in the game the same went for your body in reality, and in LH it stays true to a real game in that you just revive at a designated point. I could go on with comparisons, but some get me flustered with what fans comment on and that would lead to a whole post of me rambling, but If you have anything to say/ask just post in the comments Ill answer them all :)


Izuru-san what news is there about this anime?

Well there is the good and the bad news and I will start with the bad. The season ended March 22nd with its 25th episode after 6 months of airing. Now, the good news is that it was only the end of the first season and it was announced that a second season would be ready for fans to watch come October of this year! So what that means is you should go watch it if you havent already and then wait patiently for October to roll around so you can follow the series adventurers once again!


What is it you liked Izuru-san?

By the first episode I already knew I liked the overall character design and animation. The series is very well animated and some of the attacks have an awesome visual appeal to me. The story line for LH in my opinion is much better than what was executed with SAO in that the latter had those annoying time skips always making me feel I missed something in the last episode or that I wasn't paying enough attention. Another thing I liked about the story was that it stayed true to what its would be like to play a modern day MMORPG in today's reality, and how every episode has a short explanation of real game terms such as guilds, classes, and sub classes. Overall, it was a series that moved a comfortable pace to me and did a nice job of integrating real life MMORPG elements to the anime and story line. 

A small attack in the anime
Watch the entire 1st season of Log Horizon HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment