Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Irregular at Magic High School, My Thoughts After the Hype!

So after all the anticipating for the show to begin it is now 16 episodes in and I have much to say. First off, I would say that the animation is all I hoped it to be with the spells looking great and the colors a good saturation level for my eyes to take in the great art! Second, The concept that was given in the pre-airing of the anime proved to be accurate and exciting. I do believe however that the story should start developing into a more action oriented plot. It would open up many different possibilities for not only character development, but also the advancement into different story arcs.



What I Like So Far
- While only a few episodes in I already liked the character design and animation for this anime (which is produced by the MADHOUSE studio). Another nice thing to see is that there is not much use of un realistic colors for the characters (i.e. hair colors and eyes) it makes the characters and scenes with these bright colors stand out and I like that. Another thing I like is the idea of having some action but its not being the central point of the overall story like in other anime (i.e. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece).

What I Don't Like
- There is basically just one thing I am not to fond of at the moment and that is the speed of the story. I feel that each episode spends alot of time talking about the same things and not really moving the story forward at a decent pace. It really should speed up the less important details and get to the major story points so that it can incorporate a more intense climax scene.

Other than those few things the anime is overall going good and I enjoy watching it on Crunchyroll every week. While it will be ending soon I suggest to those who haven't seen it to wait until it is finished and reached its 26th episode then just watch the whole thing in one shot.



P.S. sorry for such a short and undetailed review and lack of pictures and creativity I am working on getting back into the swing of things so until then some posts might be sub par! Bare with me until then my fellow readers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment